Friday, October 2, 2009

Exploring Wikitravel

I had never even heard of wikitravel until this assignment. It is similar to wikipedia but instead of being an online encyclopedia it is an online travel guide written by many people. I can't believe that it was created in 2003 and within these past 6 years I have not heard anything about it. I find it humorous that there is actually a page with wikitravel's purposes on it saying who the website is targeted for. It just seems a little bit unprofessional to me. Then again, wikitravel is for the viewers and is written by the viewers so I guess it makes sense. I did enjoy the welcome newcomers page though because I am a newcomer to wikitravel and I feel that the welcome page is necessary to help people understand the point of wikitravel and how to work it.

No comments:

Post a Comment